The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Health & Safety Management and Leadership qualification is aimed at candidates who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to-day in any organisation. They are likely to be managers looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Candidate must complete all of the Mandatory Units.
- A/618/5596 – Risk-based safety systems management
- F/618/5597 – Safety culture, sustainability and the global effect on performance
- J/618/5598 – Digital technologies and incident investigation
- L/618/5599 – Development as a strategic manager
- J/506/2048 – Establish business risk management processes
This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
The qualification must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor.
Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include: (1) observation report by assessor; (2) assignments/projects/reports; (3) professional discussion; (4) witness testimony; (5) candidate product; (6) worksheets; (7) record of oral and written questioning; (8) Recognition of Prior Learning.
Learning outcomes set out what a candidate is expected to know, understand or be able to do.
Assessment criteria specify the standard a candidate must meet to show the learning outcome has been achieved.
- Candidates who achieve the requirements for qualifications will be awarded:
• A certificate listing all units achieved, and
• A certificate giving the full qualification title – ProQual Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Health & Safety Leadership Management.
What Will You Learn?
- 1. Risk-based safety systems management
- 2. Safety culture, sustainability and the global effect on performance
- 3. Digital technologies and incident investigation
- 4. Development as a strategic manager
- 5. Establish business risk management processes
ProQual – Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Health & Safety Leadership Management
Course Material & PPT00:00
Unit 1: A/618/5596 – Risk-based safety systems management
1. Be able to develop and implement current ISO standards for occupational health and safety.00:00
2. Be able to evaluate strategic risks to an organisation through the implementation of a quantifiable risk assessment system.00:00
3. Be able to articulate risk communication strategies in various situations.00:00
Unit 2: F/618/5597 – Safety culture, sustainability and the global effect on performance
1. Be able to evaluate the effects of global issues on safety culture.00:00
2. Evaluate the benefits of sustainability in the workplace.00:00
3. Be able to measure safety performance and calculate safety return on any investment.00:00
4. Understand the effects of psychological health and injury management in the workplace.00:00
5. Be able to lead the implementation of a whole-organisation approach to occupational health and safety.00:00
Unit 3: J/618/5598 – Digital technologies and incident investigation
1. Understand the effects of digital technologies on strategic and operational occupational health and safety management.00:00
2. Be able to implement a biohazards risk assessment and control measures in the workplace.00:00
3. Understand the implementation of ecological risk assessment and control measures.00:00
4. Be able to implement engineering solutions for ergonomic hazards and control measures.00:00
5. Understand the requirements of the implementation of risk assessment for biological outbreaks and control measures.00:00
6. Understand the likely failure scenarios for chemical hazards and control measures.00:00
7. Be able to implement an accident causal analysis model for physical hazards.00:00
Unit 4: L/618/5599 – Development as a strategic manager
1. Be able to identify personal skills to achieve strategic ambitions.00:00
2. Be able to manage personal leadership/management development to support achievement of strategic organisation and personal ambitions.00:00
3. Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership/management development plan.00:00
4. Be able to advocate an employee welfare environment that supports organisational values.00:00
5. Be able to maintain and record their professional development.00:00
Unit 5: J/506/2048 – Establish business risk management processes
1. Understand business risk management models and techniques.00:00
2. Be able to develop business risk management processes.00:00
3. Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of business risk management process.00:00