This qualification is suitable for learners working in any environment who will have a job role involving work at height activities.
This qualification covers requirements for the use of equipment, correctly selecting and using equipment safely and correct techniques when using equipment.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto:
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in the Principles of Health and Safety at Work
• Highfield Level 1 International Award in Health and Safety for Construction Labourers and Site Visitors
• Highfield Level 2 International Award in Risk Assessment.
The qualification is assessed using the Highfield assessment pack and is split into two component parts:
i. Part one: This component is assessed through demonstration of practical skills.
ii. Part two: This knowledge-based assessment requires learners to either: answer a series of short answer questions via written or oral responses.
What Will You Learn?
- 1. Understand requirements for the use of work at height equipment
- 2. Know how to correctly select and use work at height equipment safely
- 3. Understand correct techniques to be used when using Work at Height (WAH) Equipment
- 4. Be able to use work at height equipment safely and effectively
1. Understand requirements for the use of work at height equipment
1.1 Identify employer responsibilities00:00
1.2 Identify employee responsibilities00:00
1.3 Identify what type of work at height (WaH) equipment requires additional training before use00:00
1.4 Define the terms that identify a competent person00:00